Walking On Water, Faith and Doubt - Matthew 14:28-31

Walking On Water, Faith and Doubt - Matthew 14:28-31
"If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat."

This is a popular saying, but it's only half the truth.

See for yourself:
 Matthew 14:28-31: 
“Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
 
“Come,” he said.
 
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus.  But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
 
Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

Peter got out of the boat, and started to walk on water, but he failed. He had good intentions but no follow-through.

He switched his focus from Christ to his circumstances, and Jesus said he had "little faith" or "doubt."

I confess that's often my problem too. Isn't it nice that even when we momentarily fall into doubt, we can reach up for Christ's hand?
-----------------------
I'm not an artist, but I love doing creative journaling because it helps me better understand a passage. Below is my drawing for this passage.

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .


Enter your email address
Walking On Water, Faith and Doubt - Matthew 14:28-31


Peter doesn't walk on water, doubt

3 comments:

  1. You are not alone - I, too, am so grateful that He is more faithful and steadfast than I! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...