Rabbit Ears

Proverbs 8:34, Let those with ears listen daily at God's door

One morning I pulled back the curtains in our living room and saw a rabbit scurry away, alerted by the sound.

Proverbs 8:34, Let those with ears listen daily at God's doorThere was a glass door, a screened porch, and eighteen feet between that rabbit and me. No human ear would have heard those rustling curtains.

I did some research and discovered rabbits have much better hearing than humans. And they have the advantage of huge ears that funnel sound from all directions.

I'm always amazed at the design and variety of God's creation. But that little rabbit made me think of an important spiritual truth too:

"He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Matthew 11:15

I want "rabbit ears" when it comes to spiritual things, listening carefully to God's warnings and guidance and scurrying after Him.

"Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors." Proverbs 8:34

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .

Enter your email address

1 comment:

  1. Love your analogy! Boy, we sure would look funny with rabbit ears, but oh! the lessons we would learn, the blessings we would receive, the comfort we could rest in! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...