Tuesday

Give and Gain

Generosity, Proverbs, give and gain
I have a confession. I used to be a stingy daughter-in-law. I rarely gave my in-laws the benefit of the doubt. 

I wasn’t generous to praise their good qualities. I made minimal attempts to develop our relationship. (If you’re single, keep reading—this isn't really about in-laws.)

Eventually, the Lord helped me realize that I wasn’t treating them the way I would want to be treated, and He helped me change. As I did, I grew to appreciate them (a lot!). Our relationship grew larger, more loving, and more real, and my life grew richer.

Proverbs 11:24 says, “The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.” (The Message)

Generosity makes us richer in character and love. Stinginess makes us small, poor, and selfish.

Are there areas of your life where you’re being stingy? Take time today to pray about this.
 © copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011

You can sign up for a free subscription below:
Enter your email address and VALIDATE the Feedburner email sent to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...