Knowing How to Sit Still

Sometimes when things look dark, God's plan is to sit still. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #CorrieTenBoom

"Sit Still!" 

My mom used to say this when I was a child, squirming when I should have been sitting, wanting to do something before the right time, refusing to be quiet and listen.

How often I have shown that same childishness with God, squirming in His will, getting ahead of His plans, failing to stop and listen for His voice, especially when life seems hard or confusing.

"Be still, and know that I am God ... Cease striving and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10, NIV, NASB

As a child sees no benefit practicing self-control by sitting still, we see no benefit in the difficult circumstances in our lives.

But Corrie Ten Boom, who obeyed God and suffered in a concentration camp for doing so, said this:
"When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don’t throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer." 

Are you in a tunnel right now? Sit still and trust the Engineer! Proverbs 3:5-6
💙💙💙
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE 
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

♥ Please help Bible Love Notes share Christ on Pinterest Facebook Twitter Instagram Thanks!  

 

Sometimes when things look dark, God's plan is to sit still. This 1-minute devotion explains using a wonderful quote from Corrie Ten Boom.

9 comments:

  1. Amen! Good post, inspiring and encouraging. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this analogy Gail! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. These devotionals talk to my heart everyday. But some days - like today - they are simply amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote by Corrie Ten Boom as well as your perspective on my two favorite verses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to hear His voice, when you the storm is all I can hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Stef, I pray God will calm your storm enough for you to hear His voice. I do know what you mean.
      God bless you.

      Delete
  6. Perfect Gail. Thank you. I think we're all so grateful God gave us Corrie. So much wisdom, such an example. Thank you for doing your part to keep her words alive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After the storm. ...Surely the sun does shine with the rainbow and the promise of God💖

    ReplyDelete