If I do this, will it help my faith?
When facing decisions, these two questions can be helpful.
We need to avoid making decisions too casually and we need to avoid making them too fearfully.
It helps when we remember that God is on our side - He's eager to help us make wise decisions.
These 5 "cautions" will help:
1. Make sure the decision doesn't violate Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
2. Make sure the decision isn't selfish (Philippians 2:3).
3. Make sure the decision doesn't choose a good thing instead of the best thing (Ephesians 5:15-17).
4. Make sure the decision isn't made in conformity to worldly values (Romans 12: 2)
5. Make sure we've prayed until we've felt a peace about the decision (Philippians 4:6-7).