So we draw lines in the sand and insist God has chiseled them in rock:
- lines defining God's Sovereignty and man's free will.
- lines defining healing and miracles.
- lines emphasizing certain verses and ignoring others.
- lines that say "I know" when they should say "I think" or "I wonder."
There are absolutes (e.g. John 14:6).
But there's also mystery - healthy "tension" between our lines. We don't have all the answers because:
- God is infinite, beyond human understanding (Job 36:26; Ephesians 3:18-21; Isaiah 40:28; Psalm 147:5).
- We don't need to know everything (1 Corinthians 13:12).
- Mystery tests our faith (Hebrews 11:1-2; 1 John 3:2).