Just read the story of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20,24,32).
God carefully and lovingly warns the people by:
- Calling them His “treasured possession”
- Emphasizing His power with thunder, lightning and glory
- Speaking the 10 Commandments aloud to them
- Writing them down and reading them again to the people
- Sprinkling blood on the people as a reminder of their promise to God
- Promise three separate times to do all that God asks
But not as unreasonable as God…He continues to love and guide these stubborn people to the Promised Land.
What an accurate picture of human history…your history and mine…our unreasonable rebellion, God’s unreasonable love.
Let’s thank God today for being so unreasonable!
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
Why not forward this email to a friend and encourage them to sign up for a free subscription below: