Tuesday

Is Money More Important Than Spiritual Growth - Psalm 42:2

Artur84 FreeDigitalPhotos
Does your soul thirst for God or for money...

The phone! The doorbell! An 'urgent' need! Something I forgot!

All of these things vie for my attention when I try to read the Bible. But my list is small compared to women with small children!

Someone once asked me this question: Imagine you could earn $1000 every day you read your Bible one hour. How many days would you miss?

Bible reading offers:
  • a closer relationship with the Creator of the Universe
  • increased faith, guidance, knowledge
  • and much more! 
Yet most of us would be more faithful if we earned $1000 an hour for reading it. The Psalmist was smarter. He wrote:

"My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Psalm 42:2

I make time for things I think are important. Will you join me today in praying to have a heart that thirsts for the Living God more than for material wealth?
© copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011
Most Tuesdays I run a devotion from the 2011 archives. If you would like a "double shot" of Scripture today, why not read  The Sky if Not the Limit.

Sign up below for a free subscription: 
For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner will send you an email. Click the link in that email to VALIDATE your subscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...