Psalm 16: Apart From God I Have No Good Thing

Psalm 16 link
"You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing." Psalm 16:2

Solomon, the wisest man on earth (1 Kings 4:30), wasted most of his life on extravagant wealth, pleasure, women, and worldly honor (1 King 11) before discovering the truth of Psalm 16:2.

"I denied myself nothing my eyes desired; I refused my heart no pleasure. My heart took delight in all my labor, and this was the reward for all my toil. Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind; nothing was gained under the sun. " Ecclesiastes 2:10-11

Our lives are full of many good things, but without the Lord's presence, they're all meaningless. 

Let's take time today to add meaning to everything we do. Like the Psalmist may we say: "I keep my eyes always on the LORD." Psalm 16:8 
-----------------
If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .


Enter your email address
Psalm 16: Apart From God I Have No Good Thing



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...