Sweet Sorrow

Psalm 25, trusting God in bad circumstances
She joined our group, broken, hurting, afraid.

It was my first Bible study group as a new Christian, and even though she was several years younger than I was, she was an "elder" in the faith.

I shall never forget the prayer time when she spontaneously began singing the praise song "Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul" (Psalm 25).

Her husband was openly and unapologetically carrying on an affair despite his past commitment to Christ.

And, like the Psalmist, her song was sweet, sorrowful, hopeful and faithful all at the same time.

And we joined her in a chorus of shared tears.

Verses four and five were her request: "Show me your ways...guide me in your truth," and she never wavered in the confidence expressed in verse ten: "All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful."

I never read Psalm 25 without remembering her beautiful song and her faith in the midst of trial.

Would you like to hear this 70's praise song?
You'll find it HERE.

Would you like to do a short Bite Size Bible Study on Psalm 25? You can do it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...