Wednesday

The Big Picture

God's Ways are higher, Isaiah 55:9-11
My friend's husband left her for another woman, and she asked God "Why?" 

It took her months to realize that it was her husband's choice, not God's. We sometimes do that--blame God for people's sins.

We know God is all powerful, but we forget He's also all good,  all wise, and all knowing. We only see a part of the picture and God sees it all (1 Corinthians 13:12).  

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-11 

But that passage doesn't end there. God goes on to promise that He'll accomplish His desires and purposes (Isaiah 55:8-11). We can rest confidently in that. 

2 comments:

  1. As a mom of special needs kids I so get that "God Why?" question. Then I look at them and know that they are exactly as God created them to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,
      I think we suffer more for our children than for ourselves, don't you?
      I love your response--knowing your children are exactly as God created them.
      Thanks for that perspective and insight.
      God bless,
      Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...