Need to Know Only

1 Corinthians 13:12, We don't know all the answers
image: Billy Frank Alexander
I've never met anyone who wouldn't like to know why God doesn't stop some or all unjust and random suffering in our world. 

But that's a question God classifies "Need to Know Only," and He's the only One Who needs to know. 

I believe God will answer our questions when we see Him face to face (1 Corinthians 13:12), but we must trust God without the answers here on earth (Hebrews 11:1-2).  

Hebrews 11 talks about people of faith in the past who "did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting they were foreigners and strangers on earth" (v. 13).

There is some mystery in our present life, but God gave us this "Need to Know" promise: He will work all things for good for those of us who love Him (Romans 8:28).

That promise allows us to trust Him with the things we don't understand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Gail, I just wanted to let you know that I have really been enjoying your devotions lately- especially when you talk about holiness, consecration, and suffering. It's been a blessing and I just wanted to let you know, since, although I often forward them on to people. I never come here to comment, so you don't know! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Emily. I'm always encouraged to hear that something I write is blessing someone. And it's a blessing to hear that people like to hear the "hard stuff"--I think it's such an important aspect for us to embrace along with the wonder of Christ's love.
      Thanks and have a blessed day,
      Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...