Wednesday

Psalm 119 Strategy

Psalm 119:9-16, 3 ways to avoid temptation
Ever feel frustrated by the temptations around you? 

Perhaps you're struggling to eat healthier, waste less time on the TV, avoid immoral influences, overcome doubts or fears, accept God's will for you, or fit time with God into your busy day. 

We all face temptations of one sort or another, and Psalm 119:9-16 gives us a strategy for staying pure:

♥ 1. Respect God's Word:
  • Study it (v.15) 
  • Obey what you read (v.9)
♥ 2.Love God's Word (and God): 
  • rejoice in it (v.14) 
  • delight in it (v.16) 
♥ 3. Be committed and deliberate about God's Word: 
  • memorize it--i.e. hide it in your heart (v.11) 
  • Don't ever forget it (v.16) 
  • Meditate on it, reciting (v.13) and reflecting on it (v.15) 
"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you ... With my lips I recount all the laws that come from your mouth. I rejoice in following your statutes ... I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways... I will not neglect your word."  Psalm 119:11-16




For a more thorough look at this subject, check out the 5 minute Bible study from Bite Size Bible Study's archive: "I Can't Change" and after working through the study, check the insights.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciate your insights, Gail. I love the idea of index cards...or the reminder to write verses on them again. I have started journaling again since my time has adjusted to allow for more than just reading God's Word. Thank you so much for the time you spend putting these devotions together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...