Why Smooth Paths Are Not Necessarily Good Paths

We think that what we want most is a smooth path through life, but God offers us something better. This 1-miniute devotion explains.

“I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27 

I used to read passages like this and think it meant that God would always give me smooth paths.  

But that's not been true.

In my 40+ years as a Christian, God has given me more difficult paths than smooth ones, paths involving hardships, challenges, detours and delays.

And I've learned to be genuinely grateful for the hard paths because they've taught me far more than the smooth ones. They've taught me that when He takes hold of my hand, every path leads me closer to His purposes (Ephesians 2:10).

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13

But there are smooth paths ahead for me – and for you too, if you have committed your life to Jesus. One day we shall walk with Him on smooth streets of gold (Revelation 21:21). 

He is the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for Him? No! 


A great hardcover devotional priced lower than most paperbacks.
If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life. It's a hard-cover book priced lower than most paperbacks.  Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail




We think that what we want most is a smooth path through life, but God offers us something better. This 1-miniute devotion explains.


Bible Love Notes
We think that what we want most is a smooth path through life, but God offers us something better. This 1-miniute devotion explains.

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful reminder, Gail, during a season when some are feeling very alone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete