Plead & Praise - The Psalmist's Way to Deal With Injustice

David's life was filled with injustice and His Psalms give us an example to follow when we are mistreated.

When we face injustice, we can do like the psalmists and "plead and praise."

Many years ago, my husband and I volunteered full-time with a ministry only to have one of the leaders spread lies about us. It was heart-breaking.

Mistreatment happens to most of us, but King David's life was full of it. His arch-enemy, the ungodly King Saul, reigned in Israel forty-two years and made it his personal mission to discredit and kill David. 

Despite the years of unjust suffering, David never quit believing in the justice and love of the Lord. 

His psalms are full of pleas and praises. 

In Psalm 31, he explains he's like "broken pottery," the utter contempt of his neighbors, and he pleads with God to silence his enemies. 

But always accompanying his misery are statements of faith:

"I trust in you, O Lord ... My times are in your hands ... How great is your goodness."

Faith gave David an assurance about God's justice even when he couldn't see it. 

"Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses]." Hebrews 11:1 Amplified Bible

Are you being mistreated? Plead and praise.

David's life was filled with injustice and His Psalms give us an example to follow when we are mistreated.

Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. So true Gail, I remember about a year ago I was suffering under the leadership of a bad boss who bullied me and my peers were indifferent to this, they supported her because of who she is and her status in the co. After much pleading and praising, the Lord delivered me!! I am working in another place (I was recruited out!) and loving it!
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. After many years of an abusive marriage and an ugly divorce, my mother had a brain aneurysm about 6 months before my divorce. Only by God's grace the judge granted everything in my favor. I moved from that state back to my home state and in 1 yr we lost everything. I had to raise 4 children and a grandson. We went from our own home to the homeless shelter. My oldest daughter and I worked to be able to move into an apartment. When we moved, we went to a church that we thought would be a place to grow. A safe place to regain some peace in our lives. After a couple of years the pastor began to bring division between me and my children. I left the church but my two oldest daughters who were over 18 refused to leave. The 2 younger children and I left. The pastor then began to cause division between the children that stayed and the children that left and against me. I continue daily Pleading and praising God for a reunion of my family. That one day they will come together as they should. The promises of God is all I have to hold on to.
    Lorenia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lorenia, I am so sorry for your difficulties. I will pray for you and ask God to give you both comfort and resolution to your problems. In Jesus Name.

      Delete
  3. Wow, the beauty of Gods Word. I see this might've been written 7-8 years ago, yet it still applies to us today, it's still fresh and very true today. I'm going thru being mistreated myself by new/current boss, I got terminated, challenged it and I won, just to have the boss reassigned me elsewhere. This came right on time, and so on point. Thank you Gail and praise You my All Knowing Father. I will be pleading and praising my way out, in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God continue to comfort and guide you as you navigate this mistreatment!

      Delete