Sunday

2 Ways to Find God's Comfort When You Sink Into Despair - 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

God loves you even when you suffer
Two things to do when you find yourself in a pit of despair...

The 18 hour travel time to Budapest is always challenging, and last week it exacerbated my health problems.

The first night in Budapest, too uncomfortable to sleep, I climbed out of bed and into a pit of despair.

Maybe you remember my devotion about my sister kicking me in the spiritual pants and reminding me to read my own devotions ("Thanks, Sis, I needed that!"). 

That night I "kicked" myself:

1. I told myself the truth: I realized my hopelessness was produced by lack of sleep ("Eat, Rest, Cry"). 

2. I took encouragement from the Great Cloud of Witnesses-- Hebrews 12:1 (Our Cheerleaders): I remembered Joni, whose 40 years in a wheelchair and constant pain haven't dampened her love or hope in Jesus.

The following night, I was in worse pain that the first night, but my spirits were restored. Our God comforts! (2 Corinthians 1:3-5)

Like Habakkuk, I chose to sing despite my circumstances: "I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign LORD is my strength!" 


If you'd like to do the Bite Size Bible Study that accompanies this devotion, click HERE.



2 comments:

  1. Gail,

    Thanks for posting this message, it truly is a very comforting and necessary reminder. I have been going thru my own share of health issues and know that pit of despair all to well. Be blessed and thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue for you, dear friend! And thank you for pointing us to our Hope!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...