But we Christians have subtle and sophisticated idols:
1. Benign things like sports, fashion, food and hobbies.
2. Good things like family, church, health, fitness and politics.
These things need not be idols, but they can be.
It depends on the measure of our devotion:
- Are we passionate about politics but quiet about the Lord?
- Are we anxious when our favorite team loses but indifferent about the spiritually lost?
- Are we available for our friends and family but too busy for the Lord?
- Are we careful about what we eat but careless about the things that influence our souls?
Are you turning from or bowing to your idols? Take time today to ask yourself some hard questions.
Like Bible Love Notes on FB HERE. Follow Bible Love Notes on Pinterest HERE. Subscribe to Bible Love Notes HERE.