Tuesday

Is Your Faith Talk or Power - 1 Corinthians 4:20

1 Corinthians 4:20, Kingdom of God is not just talk must power
"I know the great value and importance of spending time alone with God in His Word and prayer each day--I've written a book on the subject. But far too often I find myself turning my attention to the details and tasks of the day without first taking adequate time to 'inquire of the Lord.'" 
Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Lies Women Believe 

Surprisingly, some research shows that 48% of Christian women think they can get along fine without a regular quiet time. 

I would never admit this, but I sometimes live it: whenever I rush through my quiet time before writing the day's Bible Love Note ... whenever I worry instead of praying ... whenever I share a problem with friends but not God. 

If you ever do these things, join me today as I remember my need for God's guidance, reminding myself that "the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power" (1 Corinthians 4:20, NLT).

7 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so true.
    I should never be in such a hurry that God is left out or an after thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christine. So true. We just can't emphasize our relationship with Jesus enough, can we?
      Thanks for sharing.
      Gail

      Delete
  2. Gail, Thank you for the taking the time to comment on my post. I agree Number 13:33 would have fit beautifully too. Looked back at your reference and love how God encouraged me through it. We are heading to a new area and must remember our size in Christ when we encounter the giants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    Surely God is speaking to me regarding my quiet time with him. All of the posts I have read today have spoken about this very subject. I hate to admit it but at times I live this way as well. Thank you so very much for sharing this and helping us to refocus once again.

    Be blessed my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it good the way God reminds us to spend time with Him?
      I pray we both will respond to His reminders.
      Gail : )

      Delete
  4. I, too, am guilty of this~ what a great reminder and exhortation anytime. It is a good check-up for us all! Love and appreciate you, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...