Asking the Wrong Questions

We can ask God anything, but some questions show a lack of understanding and a lack of faith.

Even though we love the Lord, we Christians often ask the strangest questions. For example:

Why do bad things happen to me?  Why doesn't God stop them from happening? 

God isn't offended by our questions. He wants us to be honest. But He also wants us to understand our situation: He created a perfect world, but mankind messed it up. Bad things happen because we're sinners living in a fallen world.

These are the questions we should be asking:

💙 Why does God love us so much?

See Why Does He Love Us? 

💙 Why is God so willing to help us with any problem? 

See Go to the Source. 

💙 Why is God always there for us?

See God is Never on Vacation.

Having the right perspective makes us ask God different questions, and we gain that right perspective in one way—by studying God's Word.

Some of the passages below can help.

"In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 

"God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5  

Did you know that Bible Love Notes has a collection of more than 30 one-minute devotions about Overcoming Adversity? Why not check it out!

 

We can ask God anything, but some questions show a lack of understanding and a lack of faith.


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Gail,
    You are so right, we spend way to much time asking the wrong questions. I think it is very wise to help teach others what it is we should be asking! Loved the post of your little sweet grand daughters and your chat over sweet cream coffee. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Thanks for your wisdom!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point!
    I write a lot about making better choices.
    It begins by asking better questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, how I think is so important. This is something I have been thinking about lately....your post goes right along with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to a great 5 minute message about this the other day that I think you'll enjoy as well. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1yv4J6ohE#at=176

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this video, Crystal. Thanks for letting me know about it. He said so much in 5 minutes. I hope my other readers will listen to it too.

      Delete