Asking God the Wrong Questions

Asking the Wrong Questions About Faith
Having the right perspective makes us ask God different questions...

We're fallen beings who've messed up our lives, our world, and our hearts. Some problems are outside our control, but most are inside of us, in our own wrong thinking and selfish attitudes. 

That's why we ask the wrong questions:
  • Why do bad things happen to me?
  • How can I avoid this trial?
  • Why doesn't she genuinely love me?
  • Why doesn't God serve me better? (We don't speak this last one aloud, but it's there beneath the surface.)
 Instead, we should be asking:
  • Why do good things happen to me?
  • How can I grow through this trial?
  • How can I genuinely love her?
  • Why don't I serve God better?
Today and every day, when situations arise that challenge us, let's ask the right questions.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."  Philippians 3:12
Asking the Wrong Questions About Faith

5 comments:

  1. Good Morning Gail,
    You are so right, we spend way to much time asking the wrong questions. I think it is very wise to help teach others what it is we should be asking! Loved the post of your little sweet grand daughters and your chat over sweet cream coffee. Have a wonderful 4th of July.
    Thanks for your wisdom!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point!
    I write a lot about making better choices.
    It begins by asking better questions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, how I think is so important. This is something I have been thinking about lately....your post goes right along with my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to a great 5 minute message about this the other day that I think you'll enjoy as well. You can find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1yv4J6ohE#at=176

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved this video, Crystal. Thanks for letting me know about it. He said so much in 5 minutes. I hope my other readers will listen to it too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...