Friday

Not All At Once

evangelism, natural ways to share Christ, friendship evangelism
Many people never witness because they think they have to make a forced presentation, sharing the entire Gospel in one conversation.*

But here’s some ways we can share naturally:
1. Incorporate Christ into conversations (Colossians 4:6). For example, when sharing a problem, explain you’re praying about it. Or when a friend or co-worker shares a problem, tell them you’ll pray for them.

2. Smile, be positive, don’t complain (Philippians 2:14-16).

3. Be different:
Then when someone notices and comments, explain that your relationship with Christ has helped you develop these character qualities (1 Peter 3:13-16).

Witnessing should naturally flow from who we are in Christ (John 13:34-35).

*There are times we should share it all, and we must let the Holy Spirit guide us. But people play different roles in evangelism, some planting seeds, some watering, some harvesting (1 Corinthians 3:5-9).


Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address


Have you subscribed to Bite Size Bible Study?  The studies are designed for busy people who want to study a nutritious chunk of God's Word each week. 

No homework. No books to buy. You don't even need your Bible (full text included). Check out a sample study HERE.

13 comments:

  1. Wise words! I think that our actions are our biggest testimony. And the small conversations about life in Christ can yield a beautiful harvest...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. And it keeps us on our toes spiritually because living the Gospel is always more difficult than simply talking about it.

      Delete
  2. People have always stopped cursing around me even before I say anything about the Lord. This was well written and both instructional and a good reminder. It is easy to get discouraged especially during the winter when it is cold enough that no one is outside walking. We can't see our neighbor's houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, Judith. We used to witness to a lady when we lived in Budapest, and she loved talking to us. She used profanity all the time, but always said "pardon me" when she was around us. :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent tips Gail. What's funny is our church has a ministry where we just ask people "If you died today would you go to heaven?" Those who are interested stick around and generally listen to and accept the Gospel. Those who aren't just walk away. We've literally seen thousands saved this way.

    It's trickier with people that you're around and work with every day. But I often wonder what would happen if we all just started asking that simple question what would happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting thought, KM.I agree that it can be trickier with people who we work/live with. But what a blessing to see so many accept Christ using such a simple, straight-forward question.

      Delete
  4. Excellent! Love these suggestions, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't always feel comfortable sharing my faith, and I know the Holy Spirit is nudging me to do so. Thanks for sharing these tips. More important than the actual sharing is the lifestyle that mirrors Christlikeness. I can share Christ until I'm blue in the face, but if I don't live like I've been transformed, then I'm not being a good witness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't always feel comfortable sharing my faith, and I know the Holy Spirit is nudging me to do so. Thanks for sharing these tips. More important than the actual sharing is the lifestyle that mirrors Christlikeness. I can share Christ until I'm blue in the face, but if I don't live like I've been transformed, then I'm not being a good witness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing these wonderful tips, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I have been praying for the Almighty to put people in my path that I can share with. Thank you for sharing with me too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...