Tuesday

Dark Chocolate Bible

The Bible is like Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and the Bible are good for us
"If you think steamed spinach is the most mouthwatering health food, you may want to reconsider."

"A candy bar’s worth of dark chocolate, or 100 grams, has just as many antioxidants as 100 grams each of spinach, prunes, raisins, kale, and Brussels sprouts, combined…[Dark chocolate] contains more than 700 compounds, including 26 known anti-inflammatories, 14 antiseptics, 12 analgesics, and two anesthetics…A recent study found that consuming 100 grams of dark chocolate daily reduced food cravings.” (1)

Sometimes we think of God's Word as the spinach in our lives. We need the nutrition but we don’t love the taste. 

But if we compare the Bible to a food, I think it's life’s dark chocolate…able to heal and strengthen, able to reduce our cravings for the bad things in life, and surprisingly rich and delicious.(2) And the beauty of the Bible is we can never eat too much of it!

So everyday let’s “taste and see that the LORD is good” (Psalm 34:8).

(1) Health by Chocolate
(2) Another benefit: Dark chocolate should be eaten in limited amounts, but we can never get too much of God's Word. 
image: Free Digital Photos


Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free

Enter your email address and VALIDATE THE FEEDBURNER EMAIL SENT TO YOUR INBOX

10 comments:

  1. This is a good illustration!! Thanks Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could write like you. I try to connect things to the Bible, or to each other, and I just end up writing on and on and on about it until its so long I don't bother to publish it because no one will read until the end. I should look forward to Bible reading like I look forward to my dark chocolate (which is A LOT)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweet, funny comment, Rachel.
      Thanks for the encouragement.
      : )

      Delete
  3. Gotta love your illustrations :) Dark chocolate versus spinach, prunes & brussel sprouts? Hands down I will take the dark chocolate and God's word any day!

    I also wanted to encourage your reader named Rachel, and let her know that everyone has a different way of writing and that she should write no matter how long it is.

    Thanks again Gail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, Diana. Everyone has a different writing style and the more we write the more we develop and hone our style.

      Delete
  4. I will chime in and also encourage Rachel: your voice is special and the more you write the more it's revealed.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband, the ultimate chocolate lover, will certainly appreciate this illustration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bible is always 'good eats' and very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like dark chocolate, but I also love vegetables and a lot of other things. Scripture is like ALL of it combined!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...