God is Not Pass-Fail

2 Cor. 7:1, We should keep trying, God is a loving Father
Imagine your child saying, “Mom, I’m not going to study for any tests because the odds are I won’t get 100% on all of them. And you’ll love me even if I flunk.”

No good parent would accept this. 

Because we love our children, we expect them to study hard and do their best so they can live productive lives.

Ironically, I think we Christians sometimes take this illogical position toward our growth in godliness and Christian purity. We know we’ll mess up, so we wonder if there’s even a reason to keep “studying” and trying.

But God is a good Parent, and He's promised to be our Help and... “Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete purity because we fear God.” 2 Corinthians 7:1 NLT



Last week I was a guest writer on Messy Marriage blog. Here's the link if you'd like to read that post about a financial difficulty my husband and I suffered: No Matter What

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...