quiet TIME

Quiet Time, Psalms, Time for the Lord
Rules and Regulations.

Sometimes they’re necessary, sometimes not.

When I was a new Christian, several well-meaning Bible study sisters told me that I must have a quiet time in the morning or I’d start my day without the Lord. They quoted several Psalms. 

A morning quiet time is great, and many people prefer it, but it's not the only spiritual option.

The Psalmist mentions prayer throughout the day and even throughout the night. And 1 Thessalonians 5:17 encourages us to meet with God all day long.

Busy moms sometimes pray during their children's naptime or after their children are in bed. Commuting Christians often pray during their travel time. Others read their Bibles and pray in the evening to clear their heads for restful sleep and ask God’s blessings on the following day.

What works at one stage of our lives, doesn't always work at another.  

If you're struggling to fit in a daily quiet time, ask God for creative options. He'll help you because He wants to meet with you.


12 comments:

  1. Hi Gail, as per usual, great advice.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we are bored with our quiet time, God is. Sometimes we need to go for a walk ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja, I went through a season when my quiet time was during my daily walks...I got spiritual exercise while I was getting physical exercise.
      : )

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I don't really call mine quiet time. With 5 kids its hard to find quiet.I have the best moments with God when I'm doing my household chores.

    Amanda
    http://lordleadmeon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's great...chore time is just as good as any other to focus on the Lord and have a chat.
      : )

      Delete
  4. I used to try to be like others... doing what worked for them. But I have found over the years my needs and times for my quiet times vary. Lately, I am trying to be in constant fellowship with Him throughout my day. Whether it be when I wake up, fixing breakfast, folding clothes, on my way to work, at work, when things are hard, difficult, etc... I find that when I make an effort to choose to focus on Him instead of my circumstances, my days are better, and my burdens are lighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! It's really our goal as Christians to be in constant fellowship with Him.

      Delete
  5. Thank you, Gail!!! I don't normally use that many exclamation points, but I have felt so guilty from so many different sources because I don't get up at 5:30 in the morning to spend an hour with the Lord. I've thought of blogging about it, but I've been afraid of the backlash. With a night-owl husband and six children, there's just no way it can happen like that at this point in life. I usually read my Bible after they're all started with school, and prayer truly is continual. I'm keeping your post in my file for when I need encouragement in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Meghan, Just keep walking away from that guilt. God really did make each individual and each family unique. Bless you!

      Delete
    2. Yes, Meghan, I felt the same way. Thanks, Gail, this helped. I just did a little prayer for creativity

      Delete
    3. Felted the same way as the other gals. Glad I read this. Will keep praying to find the best time for me. Might just be when husband is watching sports or car shows.
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Amen sister. I've known the truth that you do not have to start in the morning... But somehow, the lies of Satan crept in and I started feeling guilty for not starting early.
    When I read the first sentence of this post, I realized the error I made. Thank you for laboring sister. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...