Heart Time - Time with Jesus - Better than "Quiet Time"

Let's rename Quiet Time, Time with Jesus, Not Quiet Time

Doesn't “Quiet Time” sound sort of like "nap time"?

I've used the phrase for years to describe time spent with the Lord, but I'm rebelling against it today (in a non-angry sort of way). 

Our time with the Lord is like: 
  • Snuggling on the couch with our husband and sharing our day
  • Thanking our mom for her love, her help and her faith 
  • Sharing a problem with our best friend, knowing she’ll understand when no one else does
It’s LIKE the things above, but it’s SO MUCH MORE. It’s:


    Let's rename Quiet Time, Time with Jesus, Not Quiet Time
  • Being who we are with no masks and sharing without reservation
  • Seeking advice from the perfect Counselor
  • Spending time with the only being who is always loving, always good, always listening, always available
I know it should involve listening and even periods of quiet, but surely there is a better overall name for it than “Quiet Time.

So here's my challenge: Let's rename it...let's each think of a name that better describes our time with the Lord even if we keep using "quiet time" out of habit. And please share your idea with others in the comment section for this post.

I'm looking forward to reading your idea.


Update: I'm enjoying reading the wonderful ideas for names so many of you have left in the comment section. Please keep it up! It's fun seeing how creative you all are!!

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .

Enter your email address

18 comments:

  1. Hi Gail - hmmmm, how about "R" and "R" time? refresh and renew? Great challenge
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning!

    PERFECT time

    it's really hard to follow "R" & "R" !! that's really good!

    ^)^ linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, greeting from the UK! Great post. I like the two posts above, or how about 'Soul time'? Love in Him, Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Gail, I love how you open up the doors of your blog for our feedback!
    See at work I have a lot of One on One meetings (1:1) with the formerly incarcerated who are trying to turn around their lives and get a job, with employers who are considering giving them an opportunity, with my supervisor, etc. I would could this one "My Most Important 1:1 Meeting"

    Blessings
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our church calls this, "Breakfast with Jesus." I like it! And I do like breakfast at any time of the day as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Gail. Been following you for a while. Just love what you are doing
    I always call it my rendezvouz with Jesus. (Where we literally meet by arrangement) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

  7. Good Evening Gail, Commenting by 'generator power' which is kind of like tapping into the power of the Holy Spirit. Hurricane Sandy blew our lights out on the first breeze!!

    My vote is to call my Quiet Time:

    Absolute Surrender Time as this is something I need to do daily.

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative challenge--and these are such good ideas!I'm probably the odd one out here (grin--not unusual), but I still like "quiet time". It reminds me of Psalm 23 and the peace of being with the Shepherd. Blessings, Gin

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a perfect challenge for me this week! Thanks for linking up for Mommy Moments Blog Hop!
    TheNotQuiteMilitaryWife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Since we are spending time with the Father...how about Time with Daddy. I see my Heavenly Father as Daddy. I love the saying anyone can be a Father but it takes someone special to be a Daddy.
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Have a Wonderfully Beautiful Week,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful message!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  12. It may not sound very catchy, but for me it's my Triple-C Time: Conversation, Comfort, and Counsel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great name for it, Jonathan!
      Thanks for sharing.
      Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...