Crack Vials

God knows each of our challenges, God is full of kindness and love
“Watch out for the crack vials.” 

I was helping with a weekly Bible club in the projects, and we were planting flowers on the property of the rundown community center where we met. 

“I don’t know what a crack vial looks like,” I admitted. 

“Just ask the kids in your class to point them out.” 

I’d come to love my third graders who showed up each week to sit on the floor and listen to Bible stories. And every week as I pulled away from the unsafe part of town where the Bible Club met and back to my safe home, I thought about these children who stayed behind.

Life isn’t “fair.

That’s why it’s such a comfort to know that “the LORD is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness” Psalm 145:17, NLT. 

Let’s rejoice today that our God understands each person’s challenges and knows exactly how to speak to each heart. 
 
To follow Bible Love Note's Pinterest page click the mug on the right. To subscribe, enter your email address below. Thanks
 
Have 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

7 comments:

  1. New to your blog! Love it! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Ashley, thanks for the kind comment. Gail

      Delete
  2. I thought in your promo, it was talking about a "cracked" vial. Wow, reading your devo was totally unexpected. On the flip side, thanks for being an encourager. I think a lot of us get upset and feel like we can't make a difference in some of those really bad situations. Once again, God is in control! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I learned so much from helping with the Bible Clubs those 2 years that I lived in NJ. It was hard, but also a great blessing for me.

      Delete
  3. I'm also new to your blog, and find it a beautiful place of inspiration. :) God bless you!

    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement, Paulette. I'm blessed to know that you're blessed. Gail

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...