Why Do Peaches Have Fur?

God questions, Trust the Lord, Proverbs 3:5
"Grammy, why do peaches have fur?"

As soon as we start talking, we start asking "Why?".

Before I accepted Christ, I had lots of "whys": 
  • “Why do innocent people suffer?”
  • “Why do evil people prosper?” 
  • “What happens to someone who never hears the Gospel?”
But some answers are too big for our finite minds to grasp, so I made a choice to accept the Lord anyway. And I began learning how to “Trust in the LORD with all [my] heart and lean not on [my] own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5).

I’m still learning how to do it…learning that we Christians “don’t live by explanations, we live by promises.” *

Because “faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1).

I don't have answers to all my questions, but I serve a God Who has every answer and He tells me to trust Him.
*Warren W. Wiersbe, From Worry to Worship, pp.14

For free email delivery enter your email address and VALIDATE the feedburner email sent to your inbox:


FeedBurner


8 comments:

  1. Love this Gail! Thanks for the encouragement to just believe in God's promises and faithfulness. I make it harder for myself than He does some times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail - such great truth here. We may never know the whys but we know the Lord and that needs to be enough. Great post
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for following me! I am enjoying your devotions this morning--this is a wonderful blog! So glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gail,
    Such a great reminder that we don't always understand. But He encourages us with, "Just Trust ME!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up on Weekend Blog Walk. I hope you can join us again this week! Great post.

    Jessica at @ Home Take 2
    http://athometake2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quote by Warren Wiersbe. ...That peach caught my eye from Faith Filled Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the title! It brought me by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...