Thursday

The Rising Sun

C.S. Lewis I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. 
~C.S. Lewis

I read this quote in a friend’s devotion and it really stirred my heart: Seeing Christ enables us to see everything else.

As I thought of this comparison of Christ to the sun, it became rich with meaning for me. I see the power and activity of the sun in every aspect of my world.

Depending on the circumstances, it can illuminate or blind, give energy or sap strength, soften or harden, warm or scorch, make plants grow or shrivel.

We revolve around the sun, it does not revolve around us. We can respect it’s strength and purposes, or we can get burned. We can let it permeate our world, or we can hide in darkness.

This is the sun.
This is the Son...the Light of the world (John 8:12).

Image: John Bell copyright 1998-2012 

For free email delivery enter your email address:


FeedBurner

2 comments:

  1. Good morning. Thank you for this posting. Similar to mine and it is confirmation that God is calling us to duty. Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thought for the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...