Yoked but Unburdened

Matt.11:28-30, come and learn from Jesus
I love Christ’s words in Matthew 11: 28-30:
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Jesus invites us to rest in Him.
But it’s not resting from life.
It’s resting in life.

It’s resting from 'doing life' our way and learning to 'do life' God’s way.

When we do it our way, our burdens wear us out. When we do it God’s way, we still have burdens. We even have a yoke.

But we’re yoked to Christ which means we can let the heaviness of the burden rest on His shoulders.

If you’re feeling weary and heavy burdened, go to Christ today and take His yoke.


If you'd like Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions delivered to your email box each weekday, sign up for a free subscription below. And be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent immediately to your email box in order to start the subscription. Thanks!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

3 comments:

  1. Great word of encouragement, Gail! Shared on FB and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is rest both in doing life and in doing religion God's way. It is sad we keep reverting to our way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...