The Devil is in the Details

Luke 16:10, Devil is in the details, God is in the details
“The devil is in the details” is a distortion of an earlier adage: “God is in the details.” 

Overlooked details can result in huge problems. Careful attention to details can lead to success. 

God's interest in details is evident everywhere...in creation...in Old Testament descriptions of the tabernacle, sacrifices and laws...and in the New Testament:

“If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won't be honest with greater responsibilities.” (Luke 16:10, NLT) 


It matters to God when we: 
  • compromise on the little things
  • tell little lies
  • misuse small amounts of money
  • fail to follow through on small commitments
  • refuse to repent of small sins 
I'm praying for attention to detail, praying that God will find me worthy of greater things. How about you?

Remember: GOD IS IN THE DETAILS!
 
Have my 1-Minute Devotions sent to your email box each weekday. It's free


Enter your email address

5 comments:

  1. I feel God has been working on me with this as well- I just posted about it on my little blog I started (lol)- well, similar..about how we can be more intentional about not sinning.

    Anyways, thank you for your words! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hit me in a different way today. Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail - I love this. Its so typical that something Godly gets twisted for use by the world. I am so grateful that God is a God of detail. Thank you for linking up again and I have no problem with you linking as many posts as you want. It means more people have access to God given advice and writing :)
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a structural engineer, I can tell you, for sure, that the challenge is in the details!

    But...that's part of what I love about my job...figuring out how to make all the little details work out in a way that satisfies the customer and is structurally sound.

    You're right...God is in the details! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've agreed to do something for a friend and he lied about how it would effect me. This is timely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...