Sometimes I Take the Credit

1 Samuel 17:45; Psalm 20:7-8; David and Goliath
“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.” Psalm 20:7-8 

Sometimes I trust in “chariots”:
  • My instincts, abilities, insight
  • My perspective and strength 
  • Human authorities or human wisdom
  • Friends or relatives
    Then I wonder why I fail and why certain problems continue to plague me.

    When David faced the taunting giant, Goliath, he had the right perspective...he knew who he could trust.  He said:
    “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty…” 
    1 Samuel 17:45

    Do you have “Goliaths” in your life—financial, relational, career, emotional, or physical difficulties taunting you? Only in the name of the Lord can you conquer them or gain the strength to persevere.
    copyright Gail Burton Purath, 2011



    If you'd like to receive Bible Love Note 1-minute devotions in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE. Be sure to validate the Feedburner email sent to your inbox when you subscribe.
    Enter your email address:


    Delivered by FeedBurner

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...