The Metro Train by 8-year-old Emma

The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.’ 
Psalm 32:8 NLT

Once my family went to ride a metro. Have you ever ridden a metro? They’re awesome! They go zooming down the track.

Mom said, “Today we get to ride a metro. We’re going to meet our friends.”

Once everybody was ready, we went to find an elevator. Then we rode it underground. We got out and bought tickets. We went on another elevator and went down even farther.

We waited and waited for the metro to arrive.

“It’s here. It’s here,” Mom said, “Actually, we should get on.”

I said, “Wait!”

She started to get on. Then something amazing happened. I realized we were going to get on the wrong metro. Our friends got off at the same car where we were standing. I don’t know what would have happened if we would have gotten on and missed them.

“Thank the Lord,” I said.

We waited together for the right train.

Emma is Gail's granddaughter and she had this devotion published on Devo Kids on November 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment