6 Benefits of Kissing

kissing benefits
“Kissing provides a range of health benefits, from increased metabolism to a longer life.”*
    1.  Teeth:  Kissing helps prevent plaque and prevent cavities by stimulating saliva production.

    2. Looks: Kissing uses 30 facial muscles, toning your face and giving you a glow.

    3. Metabolism: Kissing releases adrenaline and helps burn 2-5 calories per minute, double the normal rate.

    4. Immunity: Kissing exposes you to germs and builds your immunity. Of course, it can also give you the flu if your beloved is ill.

    5. Stress: Kissing puts you in a good mood and reduces your stress. This comes from the release of oxytocin. (Also see Love Hormone and Dog Comfort to find out more about oxytocin.)

    6. Pain: kissing releases endorphins which help relieve pain.
      me & my hubby

      And it goes without saying that kissing draws you closer, expresses your love, and is fun! Isn't it just like God to give us expressions of love that are so good for us!

      I already enjoy kissing my husband, but after discovering these many benefits, I plan to do it a lot more! 


      Sources: 
      6 Benefits of Kissing*
      Health Benefits of Smooching


      I don't send marriage posts to my subscribers, but I'd love to have you check out my home page where I feature 1-Minute devotions. You can find out how easy it is to sign up for a free subscription HERE.

      22 comments:

      1. So cute...and true! Thanks for sharing on Mommy Moments!

        http://the-life-of-faith.blogspot.com

        ReplyDelete
      2. I knew some of those, but not all.

        Found you via Mommy Moments.
        http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

        ReplyDelete
      3. How fun! I do understand the glow part, although with me it's a redness from scratchy chins ;)
        And yes, I've kissed and gotten sick before.... :(

        ReplyDelete
      4. oh my, i LOVE IT! thx so much for sharing.

        reminds me of a recent interview i heard w/ steven & mary beth chapman. they shared that they always share a 3-min. kiss everyday -- in front of the kids. don't ya love it?

        hopped over here from jolene's blog, & remembered well enjoying past times when i've enjoyed walking through your doors. good to be back.

        blessings,
        tanya

        ReplyDelete
      5. I knew about the endorphin benefit but who knew there were so many other physical benefits to kissing, Gail?! I love this! Thanks for sharing and I'll have to get busy smooching soon!

        ReplyDelete
      6. Thanks for linking up to Mommy Moments!
        - The Mrs {co host}
        www.mrsvolnoff.blogspot.com

        ReplyDelete
      7. Gail,

        Your post made me smile. I'm sure when I share it with my hubby, he'll smile too, for another reason :) Thanks for keeping us sharp!

        ReplyDelete
      8. This is very informative for me, I need to up my kisses with my husband. Better still I might have him read this... only that if I do, my lips may never get to rest. lol!
        I am visiting from Matrimonial Monday, thanks a lot for sharing, do have a super blessed day!
        Love

        ReplyDelete
      9. Wheee!!! More reasons to kiss my husband of 30 years! Actually, when we were empty nesters for about a month (spread out over 3 months!) we practiced longer hello and goodbye kisses just for the fun of it! (Can you believe it, our 18 year old daughter STILL makes comments about it when we kiss in front of her?!!) I read somewhere that people who kiss their spouse everyday live longer, so we joked that we were adding years to our lives!

        I'm visiting through Titus 2sdays.

        ReplyDelete
      10. I think I am going to QUICK go find my husband!! I am sooo thankful for him!!

        ReplyDelete
      11. Adorable! I love it :)

        www.gratefulwithtwo.com

        ReplyDelete
      12. How interesting! I didn't know some of these... Thanks for sharing. :)

        ReplyDelete
      13. That's funny! My husband would love this list... he's a big fan of kissing. I'm not so much, but I guess I should work on it.

        ReplyDelete
      14. Thanks for this. I've got to show it to my wife!

        ReplyDelete
      15. Love this, Gail! I would like to feature it tomorrow! Kissing is great when used rightly! yaya!

        ReplyDelete
      16. Makes me want to kiss my hubby right now! (Maybe I should wait until he wakes up?) *lol*

        ReplyDelete
      17. Thanks so much for sharing this. Who knew there could be so many extra benefits to kissing..........definitely makes you more encouraged to employ
        this great gift from God.

        blessings, Nellie

        ReplyDelete
      18. Kissing makes Sex more loving

        ReplyDelete
      19. Thanks, i hope to meet my hubby soon... I will shower him kisses everyday

        ReplyDelete

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...