Man's Best Friend

Man't Best Friend is Woman Not Dogs, Woman is Man's Best Friend
I recently did a devotion on the incredible compatibility of dogs and humans (Dog Comfort). Dogs are truly designed by God to be our special companions, but they still fall short of being “Man’s Best Friend.”

When God created mankind, there was only one time when He said something wasn’t good. “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion who will help him.” (Genesis 2:18, NLT) 

Next God made all the animals…to include dogs…but “still there was no companion suitable for him” (2:20, NLT)

It wasn’t until God created Eve that Adam exclaimed, “At last!” With stars in his eyes (I’m sure), Adam sighed deeply and something stirred in his heart and body that he'd never felt before, “She is part of my own flesh and bone! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken out of man.” (2:23, NLT)

Some commentators have lightheartedly suggested that Adam said “Wooo Man!” when he saw Eve, and thus she was called “woman.”

A woman is the most suitable companion for a man…truly “Man’s Best Friend.” God's design always brings us good!

I've been married to "My Best Friend" for over 40 years and I put together a few photos if you'd like to take a look.

My home page is devoted to 1-minute devotions. If you'd like to receive them in your email box, sign up below--IT'S FREE.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
I'm thankful that God created man and woman.




6 comments:

  1. Love this! Wives truly should be our husband's best friends! Thanks for the great reminder, Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and I agree that a man's best friend should be his wife! Thanks for sharing at NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yes, I agree that husband's and wife too, should be each others best friend - - but anyone who has ever owned a dog, knows that the dog comes second anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! So true! Very fun post and a good reminder!

    thanks for linking up to Marriage Monday! Would you mind adding my link to your blog? (If you did, I missed it!)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I just added it. I think it's so important to link back to a host on a blog hop. so sorry I overlooked your link initially. Gail

      Delete
  5. I've been reading "Real Marriage" by Mark and Grace Driscoll and they talk a lot about how couples should work hard at being friends. I think your post is encouraging this also and it's often overlooked even though it seems like it should be the first thing we do as married couples. Thanks for you succinct and helpful post on this subject, Gail!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...