Distracted From the Truth

We can muster the courage to stand against the selfish distractions in our lives if we remember this important truth. So take a moment from your busy day and read this encouraging 1-minute devotion.

Technology constantly distracts us.

Couples sit at the same table focused on their phones, ignoring each other.

We interrupt face-to-face conversations to take or send text messages.

But we don’t need technology to divert our attention. Most of us are poor listeners with or without it.

We're a self-focused culture, and it's affecting our relationships with others as well as our relationship with God.

But we can muster the courage to stand against these selfish distractions.

Every day, God is waiting to speak truth, encouragement, correction, warning, and comfort into our lives (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

Let's let nothing distract us from listening to His Word each day.

"Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway." Proverbs 8:34 

It will improve our relationship with God and with others!
-------------
See also: Making Christian Friendships a Priority
and  Have We Forgotten What Real Friendship Looks Like?

We can muster the courage to stand against the selfish distractions in our lives if we remember this important truth. So take a moment from your busy day and read this encouraging 1-minute devotion.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail, I know for me, my phone is too present. I need to put it down more and be in the present more, and be a better listener. I think I'm going to make a few rules for myself. God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete