We Keep Getting the Cart Before the Horse

When it comes to Honor, Christians must not get the Cart before the Horse! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Recently I read an article encouraging Christians to ask God to honor them!

This perspective represents our self-esteem focus and and it highlights our human tendency to get the cart before the horse.

Scripture puts first things first:

"Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me ... And the Father will honor anyone who serves me." John 12:26

"Humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor." 1 Peter 5:6

“Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name ... I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. Psalm 91:14-15

Honor follows character, it does not precede it. 

God does not honor those who seek honor. 

God honors those who seek to honor Him.

That horse pulls the cart.
------------------
*This attitude is especially prevalent in child raising, even among Christians, where instead of telling a child he is loved no matter what he does, parents are telling their children they are wonderful no matter what they do. This isn't Biblical and it is creating a whole generation of selfish, praise-hungry people. Read more in my Self-esteem archive.


When it comes to Honor, Christians must not get the Cart before the Horse! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment