HOW We Do Things is Important

How we do something is as important to God as what we do, perhaps more important. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
HOW we do something often matters more than WHAT we do.
Even if the principle is right, our method can be wrong.
  • Arrogance + discernment do not equal Biblical discernment.
  • Bluntness + passion do not equal Biblical passion. 
  • Rudeness + confrontation do not equal Biblical confrontation. 
Scripture tells us to have humble motives (Philippians 2:1-4), gracious speech (Colossians 4:6), and kind behavior (Ephesians 4:32, 5:15-16). Then we'll "do nothing from selfishness," we'll know "how to answer everyone," and we'll "make the most of every opportunity."

Would you like to do a short Bible study on this devotion? Check out today's Bite Size Bible study.


Great, affordable, hardcover!
💙 Have one-minute Bible Love Notes delivered to your email each weekday by signing up for a free subscription HERE. No spam, no ads, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

💙 If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll also enjoy my hardcover devotional Wisdom for LifeCheck out the sales on LifewayAmazon, and CBD.


How we do something is as important to God as what we do, perhaps more important. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

2 comments:

  1. So true. It doesn't matter how "right" a person is if in the communication they alienate, hurt, embarrass, or ridicule the other person. Immediately the other person will tune out any possible truth in whatever comes next. I had an epiphany recently when I was beating myself up over a decision I'd made. I wondered if I had made the wrong choice and my "brain" (read "enemy") told me that I'd really done it now. Things were going to go downhill and it would all be my fault. Then that still, small voice spoke to my heart and said "If you were wrong, is this the way I would tell you?" I realized God's leading or correction is always going to be loving, firm but gentle, encouraging. Not critical, rude or demeaning. We need to take the hint and be the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good point!
      When God convicts us of sin, there may be an "ouch" factor, but His purposes are always loving and constructive. When Satan reminds us of our sins, it's all about shame, nothing hopeful, constructive or purposeful.
      Thanks for sharing this thought.
      God bless you,
      Gail

      Delete