Comfortable on the Couch

Do you know what it means to be a "Couch Christian"? It's not the same as a Couch Potato. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I've never lost a job because of my faith, never been arrested for owning a Bible, never been beaten for attending church. 

I consider regular meals, hot water, and a comfortable bed "necessities." 

Most of you are the same.

We live such easy lives compared to most of the world, that we've come to believe we deserve our comfort and wealth. We think we've denied ourselves when we give up one of our many luxuries.

Do you know what it means to be a "Couch Christian"? It's not the same as a Couch Potato. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #BibleWe've become "Couch Christians"-- willing to do the easy things for Christ, but convinced that nothing more is required.

Studies show some startling things about average American Christians:

1. They give only 2.5% of their income to God's work.*(source).

2. Most never go on a mission trip (77%) (source).

3. The majority (81%) don't read their Bibles daily (source).

4. A third have never made a faith-choice that cost them anything (source).

Let's read Luke 9:23-26 and ask if we've become too comfortable with our blessings.

*During the Great Depression Christians gave 3.3% (source).

I encourage you to do the short Bite Size Bible study based on this devotion: Couch Christians
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE. You can read the first 4 devotions in the book by clicking "look inside" on Lifeway or AmazonIn addition, you can buy the book in Kindle format on Amazon and as an ebook on other sites.
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Do you know what it means to be a "Couch Christian"? It's not the same as a Couch Potato. This 1-minute devotion explains.

 

Do you know what it means to be a "Couch Christian"? It's NOT the same as a Couch Potato. This 1-minute devotion explains.



Bible Love Notes

4 comments:

  1. I feel as if I'm here. I used to read my bible in the morning before I started my day. Thank God I have joined your 1 minute Bible study. I have been reading these before bed. Thank you for your time and for sending these to me. I can feel the diffrence in my mornings now. I want Jesus as the head of my life again. I will not succeed with out him . Thank you again Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia,
      I'm so glad that your desire is to "get off the couch" : )
      God will honor that desire.
      I pray that your desire continues to grow!
      God bless you.

      Delete
  2. I sinned and Im saved.Im so upset that I did that.I prayed to GOD that I was Sorry.I asked JESUS to forgive me.I still feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Linda,
      It's good to feel badly about your sins. You are agreeing with God when you do this.

      If you have repented and turned from your sins and asked forgiveness of those you offended, you need to agree with what God says here:

      1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

      Delete