Sitting in the Dark

We Need Not Sit in the Dark when we know Jesus. This devotion explains why.
It wasn't the first time I'd sat in a dark room.  

Many hotels in Europe use key cards that not only open the door but also fit in a slot inside the room to turn on the electricity. That way, when you leave the room everything—including lights, heat, and air—cuts off. 

It's a very "green" idea but not so user-friendly, especially when you're only given one key card and it's required for the hotel entrance, the car park, and the room. 

So I sat in the dark waiting for my husband to get something we'd left in the car.

In the darkness, I thought about God. He's always available, ready and willing to give us His light. He isn't stingy with it and doesn't ask us to use it sparingly because "God is light; in him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1:5). 

If we follow Christ (make Him our Lord and Savior), we walk in His light:

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

God's Word is another source of light for believers:

"Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path." Psalm 119:105

"Whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God." John 3:21  

Let's never take the wonderful light of our Savior for granted! 

I encourage you to do a short study on this devotion with all of the Scriptures included in full text. It will give you some important biblical "requirements" for continuing to walk in the light. Click HERE.


If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life

It's a hard-cover book priced lower than most paperbacks.  Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail






We Need Not Sit in the Dark when we know Jesus. This devotion explains why.



Bible Love Notes

1 comment:

  1. He is the Light of the world! Awesome thought. And were there no Christians on this earth, reflecting His light, imagine how dark it would be.

    ReplyDelete