When Surrender Leads to Victory

It's impossible to be a disciple without applying this principle to our lives. Do you know what it is?

Do you understand the concept expressed in Galatians 2:20?

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

It's a statement of full surrender to Christ.

Surrender is a military term, but Christians never surrender to an enemy. Instead, we quit following the enemy and start following the Lord (Ephesians 2:1-2).

Our surrender starts when we come to the Lord, but it doesn't stop there.

It's a lifetime process of submission, yielding to the purposes and wisdom of our Lord. Sometimes we might think we've finally surrendered ourselves fully. Then the Holy Spirit shows us a new area where we're still holding on to the "old man" (Ephesians 4:22-24). 

That's why Jesus says, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23).

And don't forget the beauty of surrender: it brings us peace, rest, and fulfillment in our Lord (Matthew 11:28-29)!

It's impossible to be a disciple without applying this principle to our lives. Do you know what it is?



It's impossible to be a disciple without applying this principle to our lives. Do you know what it is?


Bible Love Notes

5 comments:

  1. it is indeed a process of growth and development as we mature... surrendering daily to His will... that is where I want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surrendering is a concept that I've been thinking about a lot lately. More specifically, the un-surrendered areas of my life. And just when I think I have something behind me, I slam right into a wall. Thanks for the encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail, God bless you! Everyday these devotionals are helping me to follow Christ with passion and integrity. I would like to ask you one question if that's ok? May I know how you choose the topics everyday. How do you decide that you share that particular topic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that the devotions help draw you closer to the Lord. That is my prayer! Writing them helps me as well. In fact, I started Bible Love Notes because I was at a low point in my life and I wanted and needed to spend more time in the Word.

      Your question is a good one, but I'm not sure my answer will be very clear. Sometimes something in my quiet time prompts me to write a devotion, sometimes I write one based on a problem, a challenge, or a blessing I'm experiencing. Sometimes something in a friend's life or something in the news prompts me to write a devotion.

      For the first few years I was writing Bible Love Notes, I wrote 5 new devotions each week. Then I started re-posting devotions from the archives twice as week, so I only write 3 new ones each week now.

      I usually have the devotions done at least a week ahead, but sometimes I hit a wall and I have to ask the Lord to give me a devotion for the following day.

      I often write about the same subject, but I try to come at it from a fresh angle.

      So, as I said, I don't have an especially clear answer to your question. But I hope that gives you some insight.

      Are you also a blogger?

      Delete