Are You a Transformer?

Did you know that Scripture tells us we need to be "transformers"? This 1-minute devotion explains the beautiful process of sanctification. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

When I became a Christian, I couldn’t get enough of God’s Word. 

And God began to rid my life of things that didn’t conform to His Word: I tossed out record albums and books with immoral themes, certain words disappeared from my vocabulary, and I was convicted when I treated someone selfishly (Ephesians 5:1-20). 

The truths I was learning in God’s Word, Christian books, and Bible study groups were transforming my mind. This process, often called sanctification, is an integral part of our Christian life. 

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is--his good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:2

"Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.” Philippians 2:12-13

Transformation is a lifelong process, worth our best efforts, so let's be deliberate and serious about our growth in the Lord.
------------------
Did you know that Bible Love Notes has an archive of devotions dealing with our Growing in Christ? And you can also find a Growing in Christ board on Pinterest. Why not read one or two of these devotions daily. You can also have a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Did you know that Scripture tells us we need to be "transformers"? This 1-minute devotion explains the beautiful process of sanctification. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

Bible Love Notes

6 comments:

  1. I am going through the sanctification process now, it has been hard but the best thing to ever happen to me :) I am loving life more and more because of it. Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, transformation. May we grow more like Christ in the process. Thanks for these nuggets, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new Christian and I am really loving your blog! Thank you so much for these notes. Today's really spoke to me. I am so blessed by your words that are helping me to grow in my faith and understanding. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Karen, I pray that your love for Christ will grow stronger each day. Thank you so much for your encouragement. Bless you.

      Delete
  4. Hi Gail
    Lovely meeting you at Tracy's! What brings tremendous joy to my heart is as we abide in Him, He gently and patiently does the sanctifying! If He left it to me, it would have been a useless battle!
    Hugs to you
    Mia

    ReplyDelete