Millionaires

The Millionaire Show, Proverbs 30:7-9, Philippians 3:8
When I was a child, there was a TV show called “The Millionaire.”* Each episode highlighted a person unexpectedly receiving $1,000,000 from an anonymous benefactor. 

Sadly, many of these new millionaires were ruined by their windfall.

The writer of Proverbs 30:7-9 understood:
“Lord…give me neither poverty nor riches…Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you…Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.”

Most of us think we could handle great wealth. Or we’d at least like to give it a try. We underestimate worldly temptations like wealth, prestige, comfort, and pleasure. 

Our culture constantly beckons us to find meaning in these things, but the Apostle Paul sets us straight:

"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” (Philippians 3:8).

May we, like Paul, have this single-minded goal for our lives.

*1955-1960

5 comments:

  1. I know I couldn't handle great wealth. I would rather have the wealth of knowing Jesus Christ. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Gail, I have always consider myself and my kids to be millionaires not of money, but of His grace. If we have Him what else do we need right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great point, and exactly why my husband and I talk about wanting to win a SMALL lottery pot, not a large one. I'm thankful daily for the REAL wealth I can claim. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...