Will You Choose Popularity or Confrontation?

We easily forget that confronting fellow believers is commanded by God and it's a loving thing to do.

It doesn't happen often, but sometimes a fellow believer starts making sinful choices. If we love them, we'll warn them. But that's never easy. 
 
Some people* will hate us for doing it, just as people hated Jesus (John 7:1-7; John 15:18-27). It's especially
 difficult when we need to confront friends or family members. 
 
The few times I've faced this situation, I've reminded myself of Ezekiel 33:7-9 where God tells Ezekiel that he's a watchman, and God will hold him responsible if he doesn’t warn people of their sins. (Scripture below).
 
If we are honestly dealing with our own sins, we're commanded to warn others:
 
Galatians 6:1: Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

James 5:19-20My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
 
I don't want to remain quiet if a fellow believers walks into soul-damaging behavior. It may not be easy, but it's better to trust in the Lord than to fear how people will react.
 
“Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.” Proverbs 29:25
 
Let's love our fellow believers, even when it involves confrontation. 
 
💙✞💙💙
 

Ezekiel 33:7-9:  “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.  When I say to the wicked, ‘You wicked person, you will surely die,’ and you do not speak out to dissuade them from their ways, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.  But if you do warn the wicked person to turn from their ways and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved.”  
 
Full description of the book Lies in Disguise. A much needed book to uncover half-truths that misuse Scripture and weaken Christian faith.
 


We easily forget that confronting fellow believers is commanded by God and it's a loving thing to do.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment