I Admit It: I Was “Foolish”

I recently "lived" Proverbs 18:13 and it was a good reminder for me to listen and read things carefully.

A few weeks ago, I lived Proverbs 18:13: 

A great Christian Video!
“To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.”
(NIV) 

I had lots of things on my mind, I’d been up in the middle of the night unable to sleep, and I answered an email expressing disappointment in the sender's response.

Later in the day, I sat down to respond to some other emails, and I reread the one I’d already answered. Guess what—I’d missed a paragraph. And the disappointment I expressed wasn’t relevant based on that paragraph. 

I felt embarrassed and humbled (“shameful and foolish”) when I wrote a second answer to the email asking forgiveness for my Proverbs 18:13 mistake. 

“Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish.” (NLT) 

I also thought about James 1:19 which says, “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” 

I wasn’t angry, just disappointed, but there are times I have gotten angry when I haven’t listened or read something carefully.  

I'm praying that my bad example will be a reminder to me to listen carefully in the future. And I hope it will be a reminder for you as well.


If you listen to this devotion on YouTube and enjoy it, please subscribe to the Bible Love Note's YouTube channel and check out the other devotions you can watch HERE. And please like the videos if you enjoy them. This helps them become more visible to others, and helps spread the Word of God. Thanks!
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word. 

If you'd like to know why Wisdom for Life might be a good gift for you or your loved ones, see 10 Reasons You'll Love Wisdom for Life.


I recently "lived" Proverbs 18:13 and it was a good reminder for me to listen and read things carefully.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment