According to experts, there are 5 characteristics of Successful People:
1. They view their work as more than just a job.
2. They're willing to do hard things to get results.
3. They don't excuse failures but see them as opportunities to learn.
4. They don't let past failures keep them from trying new things.
5. They deliberately set daily goals.
Successful (mature) Christians have similar qualities:
1. They "work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men" (Colossians 3:23ESV).
2. They deny their selfish desires even when it's hard (Luke 9:23).
3. They don't excuse sins but learn from them (2 Corinthians 7:9-10).
4. They don't let past failures hold them back (Philippians 3:13-14).
5. Their consuming goal is knowing Christ (Philippians 3:7-11).
Highlighting the first characteristic, let's make efforts today to think of Jesus as our boss. Whether changing diapers or working in the marketplace, do your best for Him!
This week we'll be addressing each of the other characteristics.
5 Things Successful People Do
If you'd like to do a Bite Size Bible Study on these 5 traits, you can do that HERE.