Insights From My Laundry Room: Colossians 3:12

God uses everyday situations to give us insights into His purposes for our lives. This devotion offers a wonderful, practical example.

Today I'm sharing a devotion from my friend Amy Quinlan. I think you'll enjoy her laundry room analogy. ~ Gail

My small laundry room has been a haven of prayer to me for several years. I regularly pray while I sit on the floor in front of my dryer folding laundry. 

Above the shelf where I stack clean clothes for our family of six, there’s a framed image of a whimsical clothesline with articles of clothing blowing in the wind with this text: “Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience” (Colossians 3:12). 

This has been a gentle reminder to me over the years. 

The laundry room is a great place to remember that I have died to my old self and “put off” the filthiness of my sinful nature. It’s also a place to remember my need to “put on” the clean clothes of holy living (Ephesians 4:22-24). 

This helps me avoid responding to my circumstances in the flesh, even though I admit I still do that at times. I must make a daily commitment to purposefully clothe myself with the pure, clean, and loving coverings of the Holy Spirit, the clothes of my “new self” in Christ.
 
💙💙💙

For additional insights, see Natural, Unnatural, Supernatural.

A great hardcover devotional priced lower than most paperbacks.
If you enjoy Bible Love Notes one-minute devotions, I think you'll enjoy my devotional Wisdom for Life. It's a hard-cover book priced lower than most paperbacks.  Click the image to find out more. ~ Gail
 

God uses everyday situations to give us insights into His purposes for our lives. This devotion offers a wonderful, practical example.


Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment