Why We Should All Memorize 1 Peter 5:6-7

Why We Should All Memorize 1 Peter 5:6-7... especially when we are in the midst of difficulties. This 1-minute devotion explains.

I have some ongoing difficulties in my life, things which break my heart and can cause me great sadness, frustration, and fear.

I'm so glad I can take them to the Lord. I couldn't handle them without Him.

1 Peter 5:6-7 offers us such wonderful guidance when we're dealing with difficulties: 

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

Humble yourselves:

We don't judge God by our circumstances. We admit that our knowledge and understanding are limited (1 Corinthians 13:12).

Under God's mighty hand:

We remember that God is in charge, using bad things for our good (Romans 8:28).

That He may lift you up in due time:

As we submit to God's purposes, our faith grows and we store up eternal rewards (Romans 5:1-5; Galatians 6:9; James 1:2-4; Matthew 6:20; 1 Corinthians 3:11-15).

Cast all your anxiety on him:

This changes everything! But it's a choice: we can decide to worry or we can decide to pray (Philippians 4:6).  

Because He cares for you:

The God of the universe cares for us! His love puts all things in proper perspective (1 John 3:1).

--------------

Do you need encouragement about the wonderful love of God? Please read the true story of my friend Kacy: Sight Unseen.  And to read about something that happened when I gave a seminar on God's love in Budapest, Hungary, see Why Does He Love Us?

 

Why We Should All Memorize 1 Peter 5:6-7... especially when we are in the midst of difficulties. This 1-minute devotion explains.

 
Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment