"Even the Dirt is Clean!"

This true situation helped me see what it means to have Spiritual eyesight! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I got glasses in sixth grade, and I loved them from the beginning. 

I was so happy to see things clearly that I never worried (like some of my girlfriends) that wearing glasses made me less attractive.

I remember telling my mother, “Even the dirt is clean!”

What I meant is that everything, even the dirt, was well-defined, crisp and clear, no longer blurry.

That’s what the corrective lens of God’s Word is like.

Without God’s Word, things are fuzzy. But with it, sin becomes well-defined, crisp and clear, no longer blurry.

I’ve noticed that some Christians are taking off their Bible “glasses” for fear it makes them unattractive to the world.

They’ve forgotten that ignoring God’s loving commands makes us unattractive to God:

“If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." Mark 8:38

Let's choose to do what pleases the Lord (Ephesians 5:10).

Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.


This true situation helped me see what it means to have Spiritual eyesight! #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Bible Love Notes

No comments:

Post a Comment