An Essential Truth for New Christians

Dear Christians, this is an important truth we must make sure younger believers understand and apply to their lives. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

It's important that converts understand salvation is not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9). 

It's also important that they understand that it is God's power, not our power, that changes us (Philippians 2:13).

But they must also understand that after salvation, our efforts to live for the Lord are a symbol of our love for Him. 

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching.” Jesus, John 14:23  

Paul labored strenuously in cooperation with God's power (Colossians 1:29). 

Philippians 2:12-13 tells us to do the same.

Scripture emphasizes our role:
“Make every effort to add to your faith...” 2 Peter 1:5

“Make every effort to confirm your calling and election.” 2 Peter 1:10

“Be on your guard...” 2 Peter 3:17

“Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.” Philippians 2:12

“Faith, if it has no works, is dead.” James 2:17

“For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10

Jesus loved us enough to die in our place. Let's show our love and gratitude by giving Him our best and teaching new converts to do the same.
-----------------


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.

Dear Christians, this is an important truth we must make sure younger believers understand and apply to their lives. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible #Devotions

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this. I am no Biblical scholar (far from it !) but I know, and have known throughout my life, many Christians who truly believe that since Jesus delivered us from our sins, we don't have to worry about our behavior anymore. Even as a child that didn't sit right with me. I remember as a young girl thinking, "Surely all that pain and suffering He went through on the Cross wasn't meant as a "get out of Hell free pass" and that I could now feel free to sin to my heart's content? I personally think of it this way: We are called upon as Christians to lead others to Christ. I can do this vocally, but not everyone is ripe for the message, so my strongest "selling point" would be my behavior and do others see me as a good advertisement for Christianity or a bad one? I am a sinner, to be sure, but I never, not for one second, think that I have more "leeway" because I am forgiven by the grace of GOD. If anything, the sacrifice that Jesus gave us makes me want to try harder to be good, not less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On target again and again. Thanks, Gail.
    --LS

    ReplyDelete