All-You-Can-Eat Tempations

I avoid all-you-can-eat buffets because my desire to get all I can for my money and my love for good food join forces to defeat my self-control. But this 1-minute devotion isn't really about eating....it's about every type of temptation. Check it out for some sound Scriptural advice for overcoming temptation.

I avoid all-you-can-eat buffets.

That’s because my desire to get the most for my money and my love for food typically join forces to defeat my self-control.

Scripture knows we have these weaknesses:

“The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

This means God will give us the power to overcome any temptation we must face. Our temptations are no worse than those that others have overcome.

God always provides a way out of temptation if we are willing to take it. And sometimes His "way out" is to avoid the temptation altogether. That’s why I typically avoid buffets.

Are there areas where you need to concede your weakness and avoid situations that cause you to sin? Think about it, pray about it, and do it.
-----------------
These devotions can give us helpful insights for overcoming temptation:
Insights from Eve's Temptation
Anatomy of a Temptation (Bible study)
Psalm 119 Strategy for Overcoming Temptation 


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion like this one delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet that will help you add joy and depth to your Quiet Time. Find out more HERE.


I avoid all-you-can-eat buffets because my desire to get all I can for my money and my love for good food join forces to defeat my self-control. But this 1-minute devotion isn't really about eating....it's about every type of temptation. Check it out for some sound Scriptural advice for overcoming temptation.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Gail! I've often found the way out that God provides is avoiding altogether that place where I'm tempted to sin,He knows me so well,the areas in my life where I'm especially weak.Thank you for sharing my friend.x

    ReplyDelete