Learn From Him - Matthew 11:28-30

In Matthew 11, Jesus invites us to come to Him and give Him all our burdens, but He adds an important command. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

Have you ever tried to do something without the instructions? It wastes time and resources.

In Matthew 11: 28-30, Christ says, Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We talk of unloading our burdens and taking on Christ's yoke, but we sometimes miss this phrase: "learn from me."

We find rest in Christ when we rest from 'doing life' our way, without the instructions, and learn to 'do life' His way.

This lifts the burden from our shoulders, and keeps us from wasting the time and resources of our lives.

In his final command on earth, Christ stressed the importance of learning to obey all of His commands (Matthew 28:18-20).

If you’re feeling weary and heavy burdened, go to Christ today and learn from Him.

------------


Free Subscription to 1-Minute Bible Love Notes
Why not add some more of God's Word to your schedule by having a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday. Sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.


In Matthew 11, Jesus invites us to come to Him and give Him all our burdens, but He adds an important command. This 1-minute devotion explains. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment